Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KimG

Default merging data to one page

What I'm trying to do is merge a list of names onto a pre designed form. I
have mutliple forms all for the same list of names, and I'm confused. What
I'm getting is the form repeated for the number of records I have to merge....

IE...what i want is

Lisa Smith
Koby Terry
Chylee Andrews

What I am getting is:

Lisa Smith

and then another page with

Koby Terry
ETC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You may be able to do what you want with a Catalog (or in Word XP and later,
it is called Directory) type mailmerge main document, but you may have to
set up the main document so that it contains just the merge fields in the
cells of a one row table with nothing else in the document and then execute
that merge to a new document and copy and paste the table that it creates
into your form.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.