Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy

Default Email merge that sends out in formatted text

I have created a nice looking document in Word, then use the e-mail merge
function to send out via e-mail. When I look in my sent folder through
Outlook, the e-mail went out in plain text. What do I need to do so it send
it out in either HTML or Rich Text format?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Earlier versions of Word were unable to do this. I am pretty sure that the
function was restored with the SP2 update for Word 2003. Be aware that you
have no control whatsoever about how the user will view the message whether
or not you send it in html format. If you want to be sure that the recipient
sees the message as intended, you need to send it as a PDF attachment - See
the article prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm