Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miron Lovric Miron Lovric is offline

Default unformat a closed script on cd

I'm writing a manuscript in Microsoft Word. It is burnt on a cd, the computer
closed the cd on me and I can't seem to retrieve the script of 6,429
kilobytes. It keeps giving me the message you need the import converter to
open the cd because the feature is currently not available in your program. I
had two, one opened after lot of
playing around but the second and the biggest one is troublesome. I need to
retrieve
the Word file and copy it to the hard drive.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should never work on removable media. Corrupt documents are a frequent
consequence. Your best solution is to copy the file from the CD to the hard
drive and then work on it from there. It may be possible to use the recover
any text from file open option.

Miron Lovric wrote:
I'm writing a manuscript in Microsoft Word. It is burnt on a cd, the
computer closed the cd on me and I can't seem to retrieve the script
of 6,429 kilobytes. It keeps giving me the message you need the
import converter to open the cd because the feature is currently not
available in your program. I had two, one opened after lot of
playing around but the second and the biggest one is troublesome. I
need to retrieve
the Word file and copy it to the hard drive.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't try to open the document from the CD directly in Word. Instead, in
Windows Explorer, copy the file from the CD to your hard drive. You'll need
to right-click on the file on the HD, choose Properties, and clear the
read-only flag; then open it in Word.

"Miron Lovric" Miron wrote in message
I'm writing a manuscript in Microsoft Word. It is burnt on a cd, the
computer
closed the cd on me and I can't seem to retrieve the script of 6,429
kilobytes. It keeps giving me the message you need the import converter to
open the cd because the feature is currently not available in your
program. I
had two, one opened after lot of
playing around but the second and the biggest one is troublesome. I need
retrieve
the Word file and copy it to the hard drive.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miron Lovric[_2_] Miron Lovric[_2_] is offline

Thanks for that information, I will do that. I work in the hard drive all the
time and
occasinally burn the updated script to CD but I accidentally deleted the
file from
the hard drive, when I copied the file from cd it didn't read and it gave a
message
recoverable file. I copied your answer to the word file and I'll go from
there. When
I can open it I'll burn it to a new cd. I had my first book published last
year after
a lot of trouble formatting it. It is titled REVELATIONS FROM GOD'S PARADISE
by MIRON LOVRIC. Published 30 October 2007 but it seems to be a slow seller
so I miss out on royalties. If you like reading story books which is all my
book is
go to http://www.outskirtspress.com.buy books and search for the title at a
low
price of $16.95 USD. A 20 percent discount applies to business people. You can
find the details to it in Blogger on Google also. My Google site is
mllovric. Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Don't try to open the document from the CD directly in Word. Instead, in
Windows Explorer, copy the file from the CD to your hard drive. You'll need
to right-click on the file on the HD, choose Properties, and clear the
read-only flag; then open it in Word.

"Miron Lovric" Miron wrote in message
I'm writing a manuscript in Microsoft Word. It is burnt on a cd, the
computer
closed the cd on me and I can't seem to retrieve the script of 6,429
kilobytes. It keeps giving me the message you need the import converter to
open the cd because the feature is currently not available in your
program. I
had two, one opened after lot of
playing around but the second and the biggest one is troublesome. I need
retrieve
the Word file and copy it to the hard drive.

Script a Template DebbieD Microsoft Word Help 2 March 30th 07 03:56 PM
I want to do something like a TV script Robert Sarao New Users 1 October 11th 06 10:49 PM
VB Script Error. Javster95 Microsoft Word Help 0 August 1st 05 09:28 PM
TV script layout Lobbo Page Layout 4 June 12th 05 12:17 AM
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUB-SCRIPT AND SUPER SCRIPT MUDGEE Microsoft Word Help 2 March 16th 05 02:31 PM