Daisy66

Default creating address labels in word from excel data - date changes

I am trying to create address labels in Word from Excel data, problem is that
one of the fields is a date (subscription date) and when it converts into
word it changes to american. I have looked at my regions and have it set to
Australia correctly.

Daisy66

Thank you Graham for replying. I did what you said but am still lost. I am
in Word and selecting the recipient list from Excel. As soon as it finds it
and shows it the date has been changed to american before I preview labels.
But when I look at the spreadsheet in Excel it is in Australian dates. I
have 300 labels to print and last time I manually changed them which defeats
the purpose.

Daisy66 wrote:
I am trying to create address labels in Word from Excel data, problem
is that one of the fields is a date (subscription date) and when it
converts into word it changes to american. I have looked at my
regions and have it set to Australia correctly.

Graham Mayor

By applying a switch to the merge field before you propagate the labels
(http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm ) Word is
instructed to take the raw data from your Excel file and apply the required
date format. I posted examples of switches earlier. Specifically here you
require something like
{Mergefield datefieldname \@ "d MMM yyyy"} Right click and toggle the
inserted field datefieldname , add the switch then F9 to update, and if
necessary toggle back.