Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Sutton

Default Is there any way to print 4-up post cards using Mail Merge?

I am using 4-up postcards (on an 8.5" X 11" page, in landscape) for a mass
mailing. Is there any way to enter the "Address Block" in them such that the
list of addressees will print 4 at a time. The alternative is separating the
cards and printing them individually.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I assume that you are using the Avery Post Card 3263 as the label in Mail
Merge. With that, it should just be a matter of locating the "Address
Block" in the desired location on the top left label and then using the
Propogate Labels button on the Mail Merge toolbar to copy the setup to the
other labels on the sheet. If it's the "Address Block" that is giving you a
problem, instead of using it, just insert the merge fields that you want to
use in the location and configuration that YOU want them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mike Sutton" wrote in message
I am using 4-up postcards (on an 8.5" X 11" page, in landscape) for a mass
mailing. Is there any way to enter the "Address Block" in them such that
the
list of addressees will print 4 at a time. The alternative is separating
the
cards and printing them individually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Sutton

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

I am using 4-up postcards (on an 8.5" X 11" page, in landscape) for a mass
mailing. Is there any way to enter the "Address Block" in them such that the
list of addressees will print 4 at a time. The alternative is separating the
cards and printing them individually.

Thank you! I'll give this a shot tomorrow! I appreciate your response!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Sutton

You are correct about the postcard type.

I must not understand the "Propagate Labels" button's usage. I can insert an
address block into each of the 4 postcard fields on a sheet. However, when
the merge is completed, the same name/address appears in each card on the
sheet, rather than a different name on each card. Word doesn't seem to
recognize that each card should be separate. What am I doing wrong? Thanks,
Mike

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

I am using 4-up postcards (on an 8.5" X 11" page, in landscape) for a mass
mailing. Is there any way to enter the "Address Block" in them such that the
list of addressees will print 4 at a time. The alternative is separating the
cards and printing them individually.

Thank you! I'll give this a shot tomorrow! I appreciate your response!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You should only insert the address block into the first postcard and then
use the Propogate Labels button to copy it to the other postcards. If you
insert the address block manually into the other postcards, you will most
probably over-write the { NEXT } field that is in each of those cells.
Without that field, the next record in the data source will not be called
for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th labels.

--

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

I am using 4-up postcards (on an 8.5" X 11" page, in landscape) for a
mass
mailing. Is there any way to enter the "Address Block" in them such
that the
list of addressees will print 4 at a time. The alternative is
separating the
cards and printing them individually.

Thank you! I'll give this a shot tomorrow! I appreciate your response!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Sutton

Sorry, Doug. One last question. My Propogate Labels button is not active. Is
there somewhere I need to enable this? I appreciate you assistance! Thanks,
Mike

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

I am using 4-up postcards (on an 8.5" X 11" page, in landscape) for a
mass
mailing. Is there any way to enter the "Address Block" in them such
that the
list of addressees will print 4 at a time. The alternative is
separating the
cards and printing them individually.

Thank you! I'll give this a shot tomorrow! I appreciate your response!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Are you using a Label type mailmerge main document? You should be.
Alternatively, if you have the four address blocks in the right places on
the main document, insert a Next Record field before the Address Blocks on
the 2nd through 4th labels.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

"Mike Sutton" wrote:

I am using 4-up postcards (on an 8.5" X 11" page, in landscape) for
mass
mailing. Is there any way to enter the "Address Block" in them such
that the
list of addressees will print 4 at a time. The alternative is
separating the
cards and printing them individually.

Thank you! I'll give this a shot tomorrow! I appreciate your response!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Set the document type to Labels - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm Propagate is only
available for a label merge.

Sorry, Doug. One last question. My Propagate Labels button is not

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should only insert the address block into the first postcard and
then use the Propagate Labels button to copy it to the other