Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Simmons

Default When I try to mail merge with an Excel sheet Word bombs out

I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of names and addresses that I need to
mailmerge to labels in Word. I selected my labels from Avery A4 - L7160
browsed to my spreadsheet, double clicked on it and Word disappeared from my
screen. I have tried doing a re-install of Office Pro, but the same thing
happened.

Can anyone help, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q2hyaXMgU2ltbW9ucw==?=,

I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of names and addresses that I need to
mailmerge to labels in Word. I selected my labels from Avery A4 - L7160
browsed to my spreadsheet, double clicked on it and Word disappeared from my
screen. I have tried doing a re-install of Office Pro, but the same thing
happened.

Which version of Office do you have?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Simmons

Thanks for responding, Cindy. I'm using Office 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Q2hyaXMgU2ltbW9ucw==?=,

I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of names and addresses that I need to
mailmerge to labels in Word. I selected my labels from Avery A4 - L7160
browsed to my spreadsheet, double clicked on it and Word disappeared from my
screen. I have tried doing a re-install of Office Pro, but the same thing
happened.

Which version of Office do you have?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q2hyaXMgU2ltbW9ucw==?=,

Thanks for responding, Cindy. I'm using Office 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2

If you hold CTRL while starting Word, then try connecting to the Excel for a mail
merge (don't do any label stuff yet, just test getting a connection), does that
work?

If it does, how about trying to set up a label sheet?

If this also works, then my guess is you have a damaged Normal.dot template. Close
Word, find Normal.dot on your system and rename it to NormalOLD.dot. Start Word
again (without holding CTRL) and test once more.

I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of names and addresses that I need to
mailmerge to labels in Word. I selected my labels from Avery A4 - L7160
browsed to my spreadsheet, double clicked on it and Word disappeared from my
screen. I have tried doing a re-install of Office Pro, but the same thing
happened.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)