Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
EnjoyYourFreedom

Default Mail merge error in Word 2003

1. Tools Letters and Mailings Mail Merge
2. Document type Envelopes
3. Next: Starting Document
Start from existing document Open Envelope appears
Select recipients Use existing list Brouse Select data source Open
list appears Mail merge recipients are selected
The computer says "Step 3 of 6 Next: Write your letter"
The instructions say "Step 3 of 6 Next: Arrange your envelope"
The instructions are correct and I can go no further with mail merge. I find
no update and would like to know what is wrong? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

The mail merge wizard is hardly the most intuitive piece of software and has
been widely criticised. At step 3, 'write your letter' will give you access
to the envelope and is incorrectly described in the instructions. Much
better to forget the wizard altogether and use the mail merge toolbar. If
you set the document type as envelope instead of labels, the procedure is
similar to that described at