Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S N[_2_] S N[_2_] is offline

Default software to convert English document to Hindi

Is there any software available to convert an English language text document
to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not
transliteration).
For example:

English text: My name
converted to : मेरा नाम
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is software, and there are services, and some of them are free.

For example, I just used translate.google.com to convert "My name" to
Hindi and it came up with the same text as your posted. You can probably
use Google APIs to submit text and receive a translation - I don't know.

From within recent versions of Word such as Word 2007 you can also
invoke translators by going to the Review tab, Proofing, translate. In
the basic facility I don't see an English-Hindi option (surprising these
days!) but perhaps one of the raft of other options will be helpful.

You probably already realise that machine translation is not very
reliable. As long as you are competent in both languages you obviously
have the option to read and correct the translation. If not, you really
have no way of judging the quality of the output, and you shuld consider
a. review by someone competent n the target language
b. professional translation
c. providing the source language text to the recipient and some
suggestions for translation services that they could use, with suitable
warnings. Then it's up to them.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 05/02/2010 17:38, S N wrote:
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document
to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not
transliteration).
For example:

English text: My name
converted to : मेरा नाम

gwenmacer gwenmacer is offline
Junior Member

Here is a answer to your question that the best way to translate English to Hindi is google translate. It is the perfect and the free of charge facility,. It is most popular among the users.
Guillo Guillo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenmacer View Post
Here is a answer to your question that the best way to translate English to Hindi is google translate. It is the perfect and the free of charge facility,. It is most popular among the users.
Google is the best free resource, probably with babeltalk. However, automatic translations are not your best bet if you don't know the target language and want anything other than getting a general idea of what the text is about for personal use.
There is translation software out there, like Atlas (free) or trados, but none of them will give you an accurate usable translation if you can't correct the results.

Your best bet is to either hire a pro translator, or to go around looking for forums where bilingual users may voluntarily translate your text (assuming it is not terribly long).

Good luck!
bretonalfie bretonalfie is offline
Junior Member

I recommend Google Translation, which supports English to Hindi conversions and vice-versa.

nicoledc109 nicoledc109 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jamieson View Post
There is software, and there are services, and some of them are free.

For example, I just used translate.google.com to convert "My name" to
Hindi and it came up with the same text as your posted. You can probably
use Google APIs to submit text and receive a translation - I don't know.

From within recent versions of Word such as Word 2007 you can also

On 05/02/2010 17:38, S N wrote:
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document
to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not
transliteration).
For example:

English text: My name
converted to : मेरा नाम
Thank you for the information

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: software to convert English document to Hindi

Yes, there are several software options available that can help you convert an English language text document to a Hindi language document using dictionary-based translation. Here are a few options:
  1. Google Translate: Google Translate is a free online translation tool that can translate text from one language to another. To use it, simply copy and paste your English text into the translation box, select "English" as the source language and "Hindi" as the target language, and click "Translate." Google Translate will then provide you with a translated version of your text in Hindi.
  2. Microsoft Translator: Microsoft Translator is another free online translation tool that can translate text from one language to another. To use it, simply copy and paste your English text into the translation box, select "English" as the source language and "Hindi" as the target language, and click "Translate." Microsoft Translator will then provide you with a translated version of your text in Hindi.
  3. SDL Trados: SDL Trados is a translation software that can help you translate documents from one language to another. It uses translation memory and machine translation to provide accurate translations. To use it, you will need to purchase a license and install the software on your computer. Once installed, you can import your English text document into SDL Trados and use the software to translate it into Hindi.
  4. MemoQ: MemoQ is another translation software that can help you translate documents from one language to another. It uses translation memory and machine translation to provide accurate translations. To use it, you will need to purchase a license and install the software on your computer. Once installed, you can import your English text document into MemoQ and use the software to translate it into Hindi.

Overall, there are several software options available that can help you convert an English language text document to a Hindi language document using dictionary-based translation. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose the option that works best for you.