Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
needhelpword

Default after updating the table of contents, you lose all your section b.

I would like to raise the issue that two hours were lost today fighting
bizarre formatting issues in the Word document. I have the latest version of
Office (2003) and it behaves much as the last. I am not sure what the source
of the problem is, but it is frustrating when, after updating the table of
contents, you lose all your section breaks or when you set an item to have a
bullet and then all the items have bullets. These are a few examples; there
were other problems. I found that typing ctrl-Z (undo) usually restores the
document to what it should be, but I am now getting new problems I cannot
quickly see.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Donald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Needhelp;
Don't know about the sections disappearing but for the bullet thing have a
look he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tedcontent.htm
Luc
"needhelpword" schreef in bericht
I would like to raise the issue that two hours were lost today fighting
bizarre formatting issues in the Word document. I have the latest version
of
Office (2003) and it behaves much as the last. I am not sure what the
source
of the problem is, but it is frustrating when, after updating the table of
contents, you lose all your section breaks or when you set an item to have
bullet and then all the items have bullets. These are a few examples;
there
were other problems. I found that typing ctrl-Z (undo) usually restores
the
document to what it should be, but I am now getting new problems I cannot
quickly see.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Donald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm guessing that the section breaks have been inserted just before headings
(after the TOC was initially created) and have gotten inside the bookmarks
for the headings. When Word updates the bookmarks, the section breaks are
being discarded. The alternative would be to have multiple section breaks in
the TOC, which would be even more confusing.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jen

Default after updating the table of contents, you lose all your sectio

I clicked on the link you attached as I'm having this problem. But I'm using
Word 2003. I think the orig doc was created in an older version (maybe
2002). I wasn't the one to open it up originally but it was probably
converted to 2003--the cause of the formatting mess. Am I correct? and your
advice to fix?