Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

Default A Macro that calls another Macro

Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a list that
the user can choose a specific person from. A little background, I have
signature blocks for nine people set as autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can choose one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre block for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible? And if so,
can someone steer me in the right direction?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a list that
the user can choose a specific person from. A little background, I have
signature blocks for nine people set as autotext. I need to create a
macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can choose one
from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre block for
that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible? And if so,
can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

I thought about using the AUTOTEXTLIST but that won't work as the documents
are different each time, and therefore won't have the prompt or trigger where
they will right click to open the list. I don't want them to have to type in
a word to right click on just to bring up that list where they want the
signature.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a list that
the user can choose a specific person from. A little background, I have
signature blocks for nine people set as autotext. I need to create a
macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can choose one
from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre block for
that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible? And if so,
can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I take it that this is Word prior to 2007?

A userform would bemore elegant, but you can create a simple macro that
would allow you to enter a single number to insert the appropriate autotext.
eg

Sub ChooseSig()
Dim iUser As Integer
Dim sType As String
iUser = InputBox("For John, enter 1" & vbCr & _
"For Fred, enter 2" & vbCr & _
"For Bill, enter 3" & vbCr & _
"For Susan, enter 4" & vbCr & _
"For Joan, enter 5" & vbCr & _
"For Alan, enter 6" & vbCr & _
"For Keith, enter 7" & vbCr & _
"For Elsie, enter 8" & vbCr & _
"For John, enter 9", , 1)
Select Case iUser
Case 1
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("John's Sig").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 2
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Fred's Sig").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
'etc
End Select
End Sub

Add the rest of the Case statements and change the names and autotext names
as appropriate.

You can make this much simpler and do away with the Case statements if you
re-name the autotexts to match the numbers eg

Sig1 for John, Sig2 for Fred etc.

Then

Sub ChooseSig()
Dim iUser As Integer
Dim sType As String
iUser = InputBox("For John, enter 1" & vbCr & _
"For Fred, enter 2" & vbCr & _
"For Bill, enter 3" & vbCr & _
"For Susan, enter 4" & vbCr & _
"For Joan, enter 5" & vbCr & _
"For Alan, enter 6" & vbCr & _
"For Keith, enter 7" & vbCr & _
"For Elsie, enter 8" & vbCr & _
"For John, enter 9", , 1)
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Sig" & iUser).Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
End Sub

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to enable each user to have his own
signature as default, but this should keep you going for a bit

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a
list that the user can choose a specific person from. A little
background, I have signature blocks for nine people set as
autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can choose
one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre block
for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible? And
if so, can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

That would be fine if it were within a Form. This is just in general
documents. Basically they'll type up something and then run this macro and
then choose who they are (it would be easier if I could just assign their own
signature macro to them on their own PC, but occassionally they type up
something for someone else and would need to use their signature).

In WordPerfect 10 they use a keystroke (ctrl-shft-M) and it brings up a box
with all of their names listed, then they just click the name they want, and
bam, in goes the signature. I would like to do something similiar, if not
the same in Word 2007.

Thanks Graham for your response, I appreciate it!

Brian

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a
list that the user can choose a specific person from. A little
background, I have signature blocks for nine people set as
autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can choose
one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre block
for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible? And
if so, can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 has the building blocks organizer which you can add to the QAT and
pick the autotexts (the signature blocks) from a list. The macro I posted
will simply insert the right signature blocks *in any document* - provided
they are named correctly. However it will not work as it stands in Word 2007
as autotext entries work in a slightly different way there to earlier
versions. If we take the second example - it needs the following change.

Sub ChooseSig()
Dim iUser As Integer
Dim sType As String
iUser = InputBox("For John, enter 1" & vbCr & _
"For Fred, enter 2" & vbCr & _
"For Bill, enter 3" & vbCr & _
"For Susan, enter 4" & vbCr & _
"For Joan, enter 5" & vbCr & _
"For Alan, enter 6" & vbCr & _
"For Keith, enter 7" & vbCr & _
"For Elsie, enter 8" & vbCr & _
"For John, enter 9","Insert Signatures", 1)
'change the following line
NormalTemplate.BuildingBlockEntries("Sig" & iUser).Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
'end of change
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

and the signature autotexts need to be saved as autotexts in the normal
template. If you are unsure how to do that it is illustrated at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in
message ...
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a
list that the user can choose a specific person from. A little
background, I have signature blocks for nine people set as
autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can choose
one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre block
for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible?
And if so, can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

Now this line:

'change the following line
NormalTemplate.BuildingBlockEntries("Sig" & iUser).Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
'end of change

is entered multiple times, changing the "Sig" to read whatever the name of
the autotext entry is? Then I put in the second, and third, etc.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in
message ...
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a
list that the user can choose a specific person from. A little
background, I have signature blocks for nine people set as
autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can choose
one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre block
for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible?
And if so, can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I guess you are using the case statement version to retain your autotext
names? Rather than the macro posted below?
In this case put the names of your autotexts in quotes between the brackets
in place of "Sig" & iUser
Note that this will require you to ensure that your autotexts are actually
saved in normal.dot (you can move them with the building block organiser)
It makes for a lot less code if you simple recreate your signatures with the
names Sig1, Sig2 etc (insert and resave) and use the shorter macro below.
Then all you have to do is change the names in the message box to match the
signature numbers.

bit http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in
message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a
list that the user can choose a specific person from. A little
background, I have signature blocks for nine people set as
autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can
choose one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre
block for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible?
And if so, can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

I'm not sure what a case statement name is. The first autotext entry I have
is named Bethany and its saved in the normal.dotm Should I move this to the
building blocks.dotx? here are the names of the autotext entries:

Bethany
Heather
Jim
Kathy Hutchens
Kathy McCallister
Kelli
Krista
Rhonda
Thala

All are in the normal.dotm

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in
message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that opens a
list that the user can choose a specific person from. A little
background, I have signature blocks for nine people set as
autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can
choose one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre
block for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible?
And if so, can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In that case, leave the entries in normal.dot and use the following, which,
if the entries are named as you describe and in normal.dot, should work as
it stands.

Sub ChooseSig()
Dim iUser As Integer
Dim sType As String
On Error GoTo UserCancelled:
iUser = InputBox("For Bethany, enter 1" & vbCr & _
"For Heather, enter 2" & vbCr & _
"For Jim, enter 3" & vbCr & _
"For Kathy Hutchens, enter 4" & vbCr & _
"For Kathy McCallister, enter 5" & vbCr & _
"For Kelli, enter 6" & vbCr & _
"For Krista, enter 7" & vbCr & _
"For Rhonda, enter 8" & vbCr & _
"For Thala, enter 9", "Select signature", 1)
Select Case iUser
Case 1
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Bethany").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 2
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Heather").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 3
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Jim").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 4
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Kathy Hutchens").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 5
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Kathy McCallister").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 6
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Kelli").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 7
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Krista").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 8
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Rhonda").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case 9
NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("Thala").Insert _
Whe=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
Case Else
MsgBox "You have entered a number that is not in the list", _
vbInformation, "Error"
End Select
Exit Sub
UserCancelled:
MsgBox "User Cancelled", vbInformation, "Error"
End Sub

a bit http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in
message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that
opens a list that the user can choose a specific person from.
A little background, I have signature blocks for nine people
set as autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can
choose one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre
block for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible?
And if so, can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

Graham,

If I am ever in your neck of the woods, I definately owe you a beer! This
worked! I really appreciate your help with all of this. I never would have
been able to figure that out.

Brian

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in
message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that
opens a list that the user can choose a specific person from.
A little background, I have signature blocks for nine people
set as autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can
choose one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre
block for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this possible?
And if so, can someone steer me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are welcome

going for a bit http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in
message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that
opens a list that the user can choose a specific person
from. A little background, I have signature blocks for nine
people set as autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can
choose one from.
Once the user chooses that person, it drops in the signautre
block for that
particular person from their autotext entry. Is this
possible? And if so, can someone steer me in the right
direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

Howdy Graham, you were so much help with my other question, I have a new one
for you. This is something that is possible within WordPerfect 10, but am
not sure if its possible in Word 2007. I have a template, and a user has to
enter names of people, but for any given time, there may be 5 names, or there
may be 2 names. In WP, I can have it continuously ask for a name, until you
leave the field blank and hit enter, then it continues onto the next entry
(like date or whatever). Is there a way to have Word 07 ask the same
question (in this instance "Defendant's Name") until you leave the field
blank? We don't know from case to case how many defendants there will be.

Thanks in advance!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are welcome

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote in
message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that
opens a list that the user can choose a specific person
from. A little background, I have signature blocks for nine
people set as autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user can
choose one from.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could do it with vba and a userform to ask the question and paste the
result into the document and do this repeatedly until you tell it to stop.
Userform coding does not lend itself readily to reproduction in a newsgroup
forum, but see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm to get you started. You will find
lots of interesting userform examples on fellow MVP Greg Maxey's web site
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm

Trefilov22 wrote:
Howdy Graham, you were so much help with my other question, I have a
new one for you. This is something that is possible within
WordPerfect 10, but am not sure if its possible in Word 2007. I have
a template, and a user has to enter names of people, but for any
given time, there may be 5 names, or there may be 2 names. In WP, I
can have it continuously ask for a name, until you leave the field
blank and hit enter, then it continues onto the next entry (like date
or whatever). Is there a way to have Word 07 ask the same question
(in this instance "Defendant's Name") until you leave the field
blank? We don't know from case to case how many defendants there
will be.

Thanks in advance!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are welcome

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using an AUTOTEXTLIST field? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Trefilov22" wrote
in message
Here's what I need to do. I need to create a macro that
opens a list that the user can choose a specific person
from. A little background, I have signature blocks for
nine people set as autotext. I need to create a macro
that brings up a list of those nine people, that a user
can choose one from.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

I took a look at both sites, but haven't had any luck finding anything in
regards to this. It seems like in theory it would be something that isn't
too difficult to do, I just know nothing about VBA to figure out how to
program it to do so.

Basically what you are saying is that I would make a form that asks for a
Name or whatever I am looking for, and so long as there is an entry, it drops
that name into the document, and then asks for another name. If it ends up
being blank, at that point it stops the process (at least thats how its done
in WP 10).

I can see where you all have to work your tails off to learn all of this
stuff to become MVPs. Luckily once I get this last problem sorted out I can
wash my hands of these macros. All the others are working correctly. I just
have this issue in multiple forms.

Any other suggestions on where I can search?

Brian

Trefilov22 wrote:
Howdy Graham, you were so much help with my other question, I have a
new one for you. This is something that is possible within
WordPerfect 10, but am not sure if its possible in Word 2007. I have
a template, and a user has to enter names of people, but for any
given time, there may be 5 names, or there may be 2 names. In WP, I
can have it continuously ask for a name, until you leave the field
blank and hit enter, then it continues onto the next entry (like date
or whatever). Is there a way to have Word 07 ask the same question
(in this instance "Defendant's Name") until you leave the field
blank? We don't know from case to case how many defendants there
will be.

Thanks in advance!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are welcome

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While I would prefer a user form, you can still do this with an input box.
The following will do more or less what you asked - in that it will allow
the user to enter a series of names which are entered at the cursor. The
list of names is stored in a variable sDef, which you could use elsewhere,
but for the moment the variable is not used.

Sub Defendant()
Dim sName As String
Dim sDef As String
Dim Count As Long
Count = 1
sDef = ""
Do
sName = InputBox("Enter the name of Defendant " & _
Count, "Defendant " & Count)
If sName = "" Then GoTo NoMoreNames:
If Count 1 Then
sName = Chr(44) & Chr(32) & sName
End If
Selection.TypeText sName
Count = Count + 1
sDef = sDef & sName
Loop
Exit Sub
NoMoreNames:
'MsgBox sDef
If Count 1 Then Selection.TypeText " "
End Sub

Trefilov22 wrote:
Howdy Graham, you were so much help with my other question, I have a
new one for you. This is something that is possible within
WordPerfect 10, but am not sure if its possible in Word 2007. I
have a template, and a user has to enter names of people, but for
any given time, there may be 5 names, or there may be 2 names. In
WP, I can have it continuously ask for a name, until you leave the
field blank and hit enter, then it continues onto the next entry
(like date or whatever). Is there a way to have Word 07 ask the
same question (in this instance "Defendant's Name") until you leave
the field blank? We don't know from case to case how many
defendants there will be.

Thanks in advance!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are welcome

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

iUser).Insert _ Whe=Selection.Range,
RichText:=True 'end of change

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

I would prefer to use a userform as well, since the rest of the information
is inputted using a userform. Is it possible to have this run after the user
fills in the rest of the userform? Also how would I distinguish where the
information it asks, goes into the document? Would I just create a bookmark
and assign it that way?

Trefilov22 wrote:
Howdy Graham, you were so much help with my other question, I have a
new one for you. This is something that is possible within
WordPerfect 10, but am not sure if its possible in Word 2007. I
have a template, and a user has to enter names of people, but for
any given time, there may be 5 names, or there may be 2 names. In
WP, I can have it continuously ask for a name, until you leave the
field blank and hit enter, then it continues onto the next entry
(like date or whatever). Is there a way to have Word 07 ask the
same question (in this instance "Defendant's Name") until you leave
the field blank? We don't know from case to case how many
defendants there will be.

Thanks in advance!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are welcome

Trefilov22 wrote:
That would be fine if it were within a Form. This is just
in general documents. Basically they'll type up something
and then run this macro and then choose who they are (it
would be easier if I could just assign their own signature
macro to them on their own PC, but occassionally they type
up something for someone else and would need to use their
signature).

In WordPerfect 10 they use a keystroke (ctrl-shft-M) and it
brings up a box with all of their names listed, then they
just click the name they want, and bam, in goes the
signature. I would like to do something similiar, if not
the same in Word 2007.

Thanks Graham for your response, I appreciate it!

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I suspect that userforms and their modification will be too complex for you
at the moment -and because of the way they are coded it is too difficult to
describe how to modify them in a newsgroup forum.

The code in the previous message simply enters the defendant names at the
cursor. It could be modified to write them anywhere in the document or to
store them in a bookmark. I think you are going to have to bite the bullet
and dig into the mysteries of vba coding The learning curve is steep, but
the vba forums will be very helpful in resolving individual problems. Either
that or you will have to get someone to do the work for you. Try fellow MVP
Greg Maxey whose site I referred you to earlier.

Trefilov22 wrote:
Howdy Graham, you were so much help with my other question, I
have a new one for you. This is something that is possible within
WordPerfect 10, but am not sure if its possible in Word 2007. I
have a template, and a user has to enter names of people, but for
any given time, there may be 5 names, or there may be 2 names. In
WP, I can have it continuously ask for a name, until you leave the
field blank and hit enter, then it continues onto the next entry
(like date or whatever). Is there a way to have Word 07 ask the
same question (in this instance "Defendant's Name") until you
leave the field blank? We don't know from case to case how many
defendants there will be.

Thanks in advance!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are welcome

Trefilov22 wrote:
That would be fine if it were within a Form. This is just
in general documents. Basically they'll type up something
and then run this macro and then choose who they are (it
would be easier if I could just assign their own signature
macro to them on their own PC, but occassionally they type
up something for someone else and would need to use their
signature).

In WordPerfect 10 they use a keystroke (ctrl-shft-M) and
it brings up a box with all of their names listed, then
they just click the name they want, and bam, in goes the
signature. I would like to do something similiar, if not
the same in Word 2007.

Thanks Graham for your response, I appreciate it!

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Brian,

If you are already using a userform to collect data for your form then
I recommend that you use a multipage form and collect the defendent
data on a separate page. The problem I have with a box that keeps
popping up is a) they are annoying, and b) the user can't see what he
or she has already entered until the form publishes. You could easily
have 10 or 12 (or a hundred for that matter) text boxes on a separate
page titled "Defendent's" list. The code in the userform would only
process the fields filled in.

Contact me if you are interested.

Greg Maxey

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Trefilov22 wrote:
Howdy Graham, you were so much help with my other question, I have a
new one for you. This is something that is possible within
WordPerfect 10, but am not sure if its possible in Word 2007. I
have a template, and a user has to enter names of people, but for
any given time, there may be 5 names, or there may be 2 names. In
WP, I can have it continuously ask for a name, until you leave the
field blank and hit enter, then it continues onto the next entry
(like date or whatever). Is there a way to have Word 07 ask the
same question (in this instance "Defendant's Name") until you leave
the field blank? We don't know from case to case how many
defendants there will be.

Thanks in advance!

You are welcome

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word 2007 has the building blocks organizer which you can add
to the QAT and pick the autotexts (the signature blocks)
from a list. The macro I posted will simply insert the right
signature blocks *in any document* - provided they are named
correctly. However it will not work as it stands in Word 2007
as autotext entries work in a slightly different way there to
earlier versions. If we take the second example - it needs
the following change.

Sub ChooseSig()
Dim iUser

read more »- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trefilov22 Trefilov22 is offline

Greg,

I am definately interested. That does sound the way to go. Bookmark form
would work I am guessing. Basically it just needs to go in, sort of in a
list type format. Like the first line would be John Doe, 2nd line would be
Jane Doe 3rd line etc. etc.

Where should I begin?

Thanks in advance!
Brian

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word 2007 has the building blocks organizer which you can add
to the QAT and pick the autotexts (the signature blocks)
from a list. The macro I posted will simply insert the right
signature blocks *in any document* - provided they are named
correctly. However it will not work as it stands in Word 2007
as autotext entries work in a slightly different way there to
earlier versions. If we take the second example - it needs
the following change.

Sub ChooseSig()
Dim iUser

read more ;- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Contact me via the user feedback link on my website

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: