Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jayceejay jayceejay is offline

Default Word adding ".0" tothe end of all zipcode mergefields

I am using Excel as my data source. I have a field entitled "Zip Code" which
is formatted as "Special -- 5 digit zip." Yet every time I attempt to merge
it to Word and print labels, Mail Merge insists on adding ".0" to the end of
each entry. How do I prevent this from hazppening???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jayceejay" wrote in message
I am using Excel as my data source. I have a field entitled "Zip Code"
which
is formatted as "Special -- 5 digit zip." Yet every time I attempt to
merge
it to Word and print labels, Mail Merge insists on adding ".0" to the end
of
each entry. How do I prevent this from hazppening???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jayceejay jayceejay is offline

Just as I feared.......Not something the average computer user will EVER
understand. MS Mailmerge used to be so easy. I learned it way back in
Office 97. And this seems like it should be a perfectly easy issue to
resolve. Unfortunately, all I can say after reading the link is

Sorry for the rant and thanks for the effort anyhow.