Ferrari

Default Custom setting the left margin

I have MS Word 2002. I want to be able to set the left margin to type a
document at a unique angle to correspond to a unique letterhead. I have two
questions:
1. Can this be done?
2. If it can be done, how can I do it?

Shauna Kelly

Hi Ferrari

You can achieve this by creating a shape that reflects the shape of your
letterhead and putting it in the first-page header of your Word document. If
it is a really unusual shape, try using the Drawing toolbar and choose
Autoshapes Lines Freeform. Now, double-click it and on the Colours and
Lines tab, give the shape a solid white fill and no border (if you remove
the border, but leave no fill, it will be almost impossible to select). On
the Layout tab, choose Tight. Position the shape in the header to reflect
the printed letterhead. Text in the body of the document will then flow
around the shape.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word