Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mark Christensen

Default Mail merge put in extra records

Hello,

I've got Word 2002 SP3. I'm doing a merge with the data coming from an
Excel spreadsheet. When I get to step 3 of 6 and select my recipients, the
mail merge recipients selection box lists all my records from the Excel file
as expected but then it inserts A LOT of blank records. Each of these
records are checked and if I leave them checked, the resulting labels will
not only have all my records BUT also blank labels for all the blank records
that Word checked. I'm talking over 1000 in this case. With a small
number, I can simply uncheck them, but with such a large quantity, there has
to be a way to not have Word check these blank records. I hope I'm making
myself clear. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mark