Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harvster

Default Toolbar defaults for a blank document

how do i set my toolbar to have Standard and Formatting only. It seems
that after i open a document that i receive from a colleague, whenever
i start a new document ('Documentxx') i start off with whatever
toolbars they had set..either that, or i have some default somewhere
that has Formatting and Reviewing and i don't know how to change it..
thus, i joined this group to find out how. any help is appreciated..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Harvster,

how do i set my toolbar to have Standard and Formatting only. It seems
that after i open a document that i receive from a colleague, whenever
i start a new document ('Documentxx') i start off with whatever
toolbars they had set..either that, or i have some default somewhere
that has Formatting and Reviewing and i don't know how to change it..

Unfortunately, you don't mention which version of Word you're using,
although I'm guessing it's either 2002 or 2003. In the most recent
versions of Word, new documents open with the same set of toolbars
displayed in the last document you were looking at (unless the toolbars
were stored only in that document).

If you start Word before opening any email attachments, then open one of
your documents so that you're seeing only the toolbars you want, then you
can close the attachment (or switch to your other document) before
starting a new document. Then the new document will have the toolbars you
prefer.

The other recourse is to use a macro to control toolbar behavior when
creating a new document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org