mpls

Default Can't find caption style

I'm trying to modify the caption style. I have various tables and figures
with captions, but I can't find the caption style in the style formatting
box, no matter which option (all styles, available styles, styles in use,
....) I choose.

I guess I've modified the captions earlier, because they show up as
"caption, left" in the style box.

What am I doing wrong?

"Caption, left" is not a style but a "formatting." You won't see that if you
disable "Keep track of formatting" on the Edit tab of Tools | Options. To
display *all* styles, press Shift while clicking the arrow beside the Style
dropdown box. For more, see
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html