Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shams

Default How to protect some part of a word document

On how to protect a section of a word document, I have inserted a continuous
brake, but do not know how to apply the protection to the section. When I
choose protect option, there is no section selection option, it protects the
entire document. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Try this, Shams:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/p...oft_word.h tm
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shams" wrote in message
On how to protect a section of a word document, I have inserted a
continuous
brake, but do not know how to apply the protection to the section. When I
choose protect option, there is no section selection option, it protects
the
entire document. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Shams wrote:
On how to protect a section of a word document, I have inserted a
continuous brake, but do not know how to apply the protection to the
section. When I choose protect option, there is no section selection
option, it protects the entire document. Can someone help?

Instead of the lock icon on the Forms toolbar, use the Tools Protect
Document dialog (in Word 2002/2003, the Protect Document task pane). After
you select the option to protect for forms, the Sections button (or the
"Select sections" link in the task pane) is enabled. Click that to get a
dialog where you can choose sections to leave unprotected.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman