Error related to trying to compare Word docs in 2010

Old January 15th 13, 10:02 PM
LSCDMC LSCDMC is offline

Default Error related to trying to compare Word docs in 2010

Hi, thanks in advance for the help.
I'm attempting to compare two documents in MSWord Office 2010. I'm not new to doing document comparisons with 2 Word docs. I keep getting an error message that says, "You cannot merge these documents because document protection is in effect." However, I've gone into each of the two documents that I'm trying to compare (both of which are also MS Word docs) and made sure that no password protection is on in either one via the Review tab / Protect button feature. One doc had been protected, so I opened it with the password, saved it without reinstating any type of protection, and closed it. Then I tried again, and got the same error message. So I closed out of Word, making sure that each doc closed, in case it was a matter of simply "refreshing" the settings, and that didn't work, either. I get the same error message each time.
Is there some other from of "protection" on that I may not be seeing? Thanks!
Old January 16th 13, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Are you saying that you clicked the Stop Protection button? Did you also
clear any selections in the Restrict Formatting and Editing task pane (such
as "Limit formatting to a selection of styles" and "Allow only this type of
editing..." before attempting to compare the documents again?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old January 17th 13, 04:09 PM
LSCDMC LSCDMC is offline

Hi Stefan, I did make sure that everything was clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

Old April 13th 22, 08:39 AM
Uchiha99 Uchiha99 is offline

Excellent article. Spider Solitaire 2 Suit will give you great moments while playing this exciting card game. Arrange the cards in descending order and in the shortest time to win
Old April 15th 22, 12:41 PM
JamesSparks JamesSparks is offline
Banned

Returning if the students to the schools in the coming month series to difficult. As the second wave of Covid has increased and we are unable to make any vaccine against it, and you can visit https://www.maria-ward-sob.de/2022/03/18/13357/ for best writing help. So it is safe for the students to stay inside at their homes.
Old April 24th 22, 08:03 AM
HarryMaria HarryMaria is offline
Banned

The voyages through different nations give us on site https://startup.info/7-inspiring-elearning-websites/ for the presentation instructively and expertly in a positive manner where we discover some new information. The author is sharing the Sheffield study visit involvement in us to tell us about it with the goal that it might help us in the best future. Much obliged to you for imparting this stunning experience to us.
Old April 25th 22, 05:20 AM
chris79 chris79 is offline

Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue. so thanks for posting. In addition, word hurdle is also a great experience for crossword puzzle lovers
Old August 1st 22, 07:39 AM
tratea tratea is offline

Geometry Dash Unblocked is a game of controlling a cube through thousands of obstacles. There are many levels here. Are you ready to join the game?