Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Taxed Mind Taxed Mind is offline

Default No match available in Address Block, why?

Using Win XP and Office 2003

Doing a mail merge of selected Outlook contacts to Word for labels. However
when Matching Fields in the Insert Address Block the "Optional Information"
of Job Title is "(not matched)". When I try to match this field there is no
option to select "Job Title". Why not and importantly how can I match it
correctly? After inserting all this data I really need to access it here.

I understand that it could be possible to mail merge from Outlook, but I
tried this and could not get the same functionality, therefore I really want
to do this in Word.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Instead of using the Address Block, just insert the individual merge fields
in the configuration that you want them. You may also find that it is
really better to initiate the process from Outlook, which does not place
limitations on Word's functionality..

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Taxed Mind" wrote in message
Using Win XP and Office 2003

Doing a mail merge of selected Outlook contacts to Word for labels.
However
when Matching Fields in the Insert Address Block the "Optional
Information"
of Job Title is "(not matched)". When I try to match this field there is
no
option to select "Job Title". Why not and importantly how can I match it
correctly? After inserting all this data I really need to access it here.

I understand that it could be possible to mail merge from Outlook, but I
tried this and could not get the same functionality, therefore I really
want
to do this in Word.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Taxed Mind Taxed Mind is offline

Thanks to Graham's help there thanks to Doug for pointing it out.

Much appreciated thanks to both of you.