Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] asa@lexiconsult.se is offline

Default Numbered style bug in Word 2007?

I am trying to create the following numbered styles:
1 Heading one
1.1 Paragraph one
1.2 Paragraph one
1.2.1 Paragraph two
....etcetera
What I get is this:
1 Heading one
1.1 Paragraph one
1.2 Paragraph one
1.1.1 Paragraph two (this one is wrong)
My first thought is I must have made a mistake. So I modify it. I
start over. I do this many times but always with the same result. When
I make the same style scheme in Word 2003, it works right away.
I started out with the Heading style. I based it on nothing and put no
numbering on it. Then I made the paragraph styles. I based them on the
relative level heading. I also tried basing it on nothing. The result
was the same. I don't put any numbering on them at this stage.
Then I make a list style. I connect each level to the appropriate
style. I include numbers from previous levels.
I have tried to check the box about legal style, although I don't
quite understand what it is. I've tried checking that box for each
level. And I've tried unchecking it for each level. Still - nothing
helps.
I really believe this is a bug. And if it is...can somebody please
help me with some vba-code to solve the problem for now?
Thanks!