Ulf P

Default "hide white space between pages" is idiotic

I have lived at least one full year with a print layout problem.
Header and footer was not visible when I created a new document before I
selected "view - header and footer". I even tried to reinstall office, but
the behavior was still there.
Last week I found that two colleagues had the same problem, so I checked the
help system for solutions. Then I found the fantastic "feature" "Show or hide
white space".
This is really a very doubtful, non intuitive feature! It costed me 1 year
of frustration. Either it should be removed, or at least be very obvious when
active...

Marcel Dijkstra

I recently had the same problem. Took me some while to find out that by
hovering my mouse pointer between page breaks, I could toggle the €˜Show/Hide
White Space option, while in €˜Print Layout View. It is a nice option, but
why is it not shown as an option under €˜Tools €“ Options €“ View €“ Show.
Initially I looked here but could not find it. It would have saved me
considerable time in figuring this out.