Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dolly Dolly is offline

Default Error Messages

I have been using Word 2002 with no problem and now I'm getting Runtime Error
messages about terminating in an unusual way or abnormal program termination
and Word closes. I've done everything I can think of to try and fix this and
nothing works. Why am I getting these errors and how can I fix them?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Without knowing what those messages say, no.

Have you made any changes to your system lately, as in right before these
problems started? Download anything? Uninstall anything?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Dolly" wrote in message
I have been using Word 2002 with no problem and now I'm getting Runtime
Error
messages about terminating in an unusual way or abnormal program
termination
and Word closes. I've done everything I can think of to try and fix this
and
nothing works. Why am I getting these errors and how can I fix them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Dolly wrote:
I have been using Word 2002 with no problem and now I'm getting
Runtime Error messages about terminating in an unusual way or
abnormal program termination and Word closes. I've done everything I
can think of to try and fix this and nothing works. Why am I getting
these errors and how can I fix them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dolly Dolly is offline

Thank you to JoAnn and Graham, I think you may both be right. I'm not sure
but I may have tried to download an updated driver for my HP All-in-1 printer
about that time which wasn't successful. After trying to check the driver
and going round and round with HP's Help and Support programs, I ended up
uninstallling and reinstalling my printer. I'm not sure but I think the error
message is gone. It read "The application has requested the Runtime to
terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications's support
team for more information."
Dolly

Dolly wrote:
I have been using Word 2002 with no problem and now I'm getting
Runtime Error messages about terminating in an unusual way or
abnormal program termination and Word closes. I've done everything I
can think of to try and fix this and nothing works. Why am I getting
these errors and how can I fix them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dolly Dolly is offline

"Dolly" wrote:

Thank you to JoAnn and Graham, I think you may both be right. I'm not sure
but I may have tried to download an updated driver for my HP All-in-1 printer
about that time which wasn't successful. After trying to check the driver
and going round and round with HP's Help and Support programs, I ended up
uninstallling and reinstalling my printer. I'm not sure but I think the error
message is gone. It read "The application has requested the Runtime to
terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications's support
team for more information."

P. S. No, I am wrong, I'm still getting the message.
Dolly