Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rotorman Rotorman is offline

Default How can you find text at a specific column?

I am trying to locate specific text in specific columns. My WORD document is
a sheet full of numerical data.

I want to locate each occurrance of the integer "1" in column "X" on any
given page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

You can limit your search to a single column by selecting that column. If you
Alt-Click in a column that selects the column.

This might select more than you want if the table has rows that span columns
or has complex merged cells. In that case you may have to drag through the
text you want to select for the search.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000