Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Momma-moomin Momma-moomin is offline

Default Mailmerge directory (unique record with sub groups)

I am trying to merge based on an excel spreadsheet - I need to show several
records for one category on one page (if this was access it would be record
and subset), but can't find out how to tie records to one page/one unique
set. HELP!!

Have used next recordfor the subset data, but this then scrolls over
page after page
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word isn't really designed to do this but
a. see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294686/en-us
b. to stop Next record going onto a new page, you have to change the
type of merge so it's a "directory" (also known as "catalog" merge.

Peter Jamieson

"Momma-moomin" wrote in message
I am trying to merge based on an excel spreadsheet - I need to show several
records for one category on one page (if this was access it would be
record
and subset), but can't find out how to tie records to one page/one unique
set. HELP!!

Have used next recordfor the subset data, but this then scrolls over
page after page

Mailmerge: First Record in stead of Next Record Guus Mailmerge 6 February 6th 07 03:00 PM
directory doesn't merge records w/o next record field VMHulme Mailmerge 4 August 31st 06 08:06 PM
Only Every Other Record Output during a 'Directory' Mail Merge Mike Olson Mailmerge 2 June 19th 06 05:49 AM
Mailmerge Next record John T Mailmerge 1 March 2nd 06 12:10 PM
Question about Mailmerge Directory Blasting Cap Mailmerge 3 September 7th 05 04:57 AM