Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
xray xray is offline

Default dynamically formatting text color in mail merge

Hi,

I want to create labels but I want the text color to change based on data in
the excel spreadsheet.

For instance, I have a row of data with a column that contains a color such
as "blue" or "red" and I want the label text color to be that color. Is
there a way to do this using MS Word (office 2003)?

Example: 4 text fields will print but I want them printed in a color listed
in the data. I have a field named "color" so could I do something like:

fontcolor = color
titlefirstnamelastnamesuffix
fontcolor = "black"
print rest of fields.

(yeah I know it's not proper code but you get the picture

Thanks in advance!