Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
skbenlc skbenlc is offline

Default Macros not being enabled on Word Form

I'm having problems with a Template Form:

I've made minor revisions to the macro within the form, and the macros
work for me on my machine: when I send the document template to
someone else the macro does not work: The macro is arranged to
execute on exiting from a field to generate a row in a table.

On the original form that received as a word template -- I'm prompted
to activate macros when I open the document.
The word dot. generates a doc file when it opens -- and the macros run
fine on my machine: When I go the save the doc. -- I save it as a
word template with a new name, because I get the message that you
can't use the name because of an existing file.

Any Ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

If I understand your description correctly, I think the problem is that the
macros are not included in the template you distribute - and not that they
are disabled.

I will try to describe what I think is going on:
Since the template opens as a document (.doc), it indicates that you
double-click the template in an Explorer window. Is that correct?
Double-clicking a template opens a document based on the template - not the
template itself. You can open the template by right-clicking it in an
Explorer window and selecting _Open_ or you can open it from Word - and that
is what you should do when you want to edit the template.

Since the new document you create is still attached to the template that
includes the macros and since that template is found on your computer, the
macros work for you. When you save the document as a new template and
distribute the new template, no macros are included.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"skbenlc" wrote:

I'm having problems with a Template Form:

I've made minor revisions to the macro within the form, and the macros
work for me on my machine: when I send the document template to
someone else the macro does not work: The macro is arranged to
execute on exiting from a field to generate a row in a table.

On the original form that received as a word template -- I'm prompted
to activate macros when I open the document.
The word dot. generates a doc file when it opens -- and the macros run
fine on my machine: When I go the save the doc. -- I save it as a
word template with a new name, because I get the message that you
can't use the name because of an existing file.

Any Ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
skbenlc skbenlc is offline

"skbenlc" wrote:
I'm having problems with a Template Form:

I've made minor revisions to the macro within the form, and the macros
work for me on my machine: *when I send the document template to
someone else the macro does not work: *The macro is arranged to
execute on exiting from a field to generate a row in a table.

On the original form that received as a word template -- I'm prompted
to activate macros when I open the document.
The word dot. generates a doc file when it opens -- and the macros run
fine on my machine: *When I go the save the doc. -- I save it as a
word template with a new name, because I get the message that you
can't use the name because of an existing file.

Any Ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Correct - I'm opening from explorer with a double click, and dot
document opens as a doc: Confirmed that when I use explorer, and
right click: dot document will open as a dot: will correct to the
proper method of right click when using explorer, and or use word to
open.

In checking my sent e-mail -- I was sending a dot file -- when the
file is received I'm sure that the receiver was opening with a double
click -- which would be a doc file: for the macro to work they should
save the file to their machine as a dot -- and then launch either as a
dot or doc: correct?

On my revised doc file saved as a doc template -- I've checked, and my
macros are marked to run on exit from a field, and in checking the
macro edit features -- the macro apears to be within the doc.

With this confirmed -- I should be able to attach the saved dot =
attach to e-mail: and then the recipient should open via right click -
open, and do a save as: which should save the document as a document
dot file. He then should be able to launch as a dot via right click,
and or doucble click: and the macro work due to have the dot base doc.
saved in his machine: Correct

Greatly appreciate your response --- I was really getting baffled on
why the receipient could not get the macro to work.