Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tarzan tarzan is offline

Default merge multiple docs as chapters in 2007

How do I merge multiple docs as chapters in 2007. Is copy and paste the best
strategy?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Quicker, with the same result, is Insert Object Text from File.
(It doesn't come in as an object -- just another poor renaming in
W2007.) You'll need to add a Section Break before each chapter to get
the headers/footers to change per chapter.

On Dec 4, 1:36*pm, tarzan wrote:
How do I merge multiple docs as chapters in 2007. Is copy and paste the best
strategy?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dblouin dblouin is offline

Tarzan:

Open 1 of the docsdo a Save As and rename it. In the renamed doc, delete
all the content, then do another Save As and rename. Now, go to your Insert
Tab and click on 'object'. Select the 'Create from file' Tab and press the
Browse button to navigate to all of your docs. Select all docs that you want
to merge together by holding down yur Cntrl Key, then press the insert button.

"tarzan" wrote:

How do I merge multiple docs as chapters in 2007. Is copy and paste the best
strategy?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For that matter, if you're going to do it that complicated way, why
not start with a new blank document?

(Note, BTW, that if any of the documents include styles with the same
name but (even slightly) different formatting, you'll get problems.)

"tarzan" wrote:

How do I merge multiple docs as chapters in 2007. Is copy and paste the best
strategy?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Download the boiler.dot add-in from my web site which will assemble a number
of documents in any order.

tarzan wrote:
How do I merge multiple docs as chapters in 2007. Is copy and paste
the best strategy?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EliMar EliMar is offline

Very smart way to merge multiple documents:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hmykKZAmK3k