Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lmcyvpe lmcyvpe is offline

Default Chapter number in Caption

I am using the Heading 1 number in my caption.
I have to follow a very strict style for a doctoral thesis and the heading 1
style must use roman number i.e. Chapter I, Chapter II,.

When this chapter number is used int eh caption it looks like:
Figure IV.3.

However, I would like to see Figure 4.3
How can I change the numbering format for the chapter number in the caption
but not in the heading 1.
I am using Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know, what you are asking is not possible. The STYLEREF field,
which Word uses to repeat the heading number, does not allow you to change
the number style; it just reflects the number style of the referenced
heading.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP