madlan madlan is offline
Junior Member

Default Changing column size on multiple tables

Hi,

I have 100's of small tables across several documents that need their five columns adjusted - at the moment I am ctrl clicking the first column in each table until I reach the end of the document then adjusting the size. This is obviously taking ages! Is there another way of doing this?
The columns on the mentioned tables all have the same value in the first cell.

Regards,
Al.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you're using Word 2003 or earlier, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TablePropPrbs.htm. When you use the
legacy Table Cell Height and Width dialog, you can use F4 to repeat
settings. Unfortunately, F4 has no effect on Table Properties.

http://word.mvps.org

--
madlan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi madlan,

If all the tables in a given document need to have the same configuration, you could use a macro like:

Sub SetTableColumnWidths()
Dim oTbl As Table
For Each oTbl In ActiveDocument.Tables
With oTbl
.AllowAutoFit = False
.Columns(1).PreferredWidth = InchesToPoints(1)
.Columns(2).PreferredWidth = InchesToPoints(1.25)
.Columns(3).PreferredWidth = InchesToPoints(2.25)
End With
Next
End Sub

If you're working in metric units, you could change 'InchesToPoints' to 'CentimetersToPoints'.
--
Cheers
macropod