Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
frus frus is offline

Default how to remove blank last page

how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to bs and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off a cliff for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

Hi Suzanne,

I have the same problem as this threat and did try to resolve as you wrote
in the link listed below but no success after having tried for almost an hour
!

I have the table in my last page and I did change the font of the last para.
into 1 point, as a matter of fact, after the table, I still have a couple of
rows (space) on the page too.

Here's my file is:
6 pages, first 5 pages are portrait, 6th page is landscape with the table.
There are header and footer for the file.

Would that be something to do with the section ?

Please help ? I know it may be simple but I just couldn't get there....
thanks
Karen

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to bs and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off a cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Do you have a Section Break after the table? What is the orientation of the
unwanted blank page? If it is portrait, then for sure you do have a Section
Break after the table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to bs and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off a
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

yes, but I didn't do it myself. its automatically there because the 1st 5
pages are portrait, then I have to add a section break for the 6th page for
the table.
Can I get rid of the section break ?

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to bs and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off a
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

There was a section break before the table.
Let me put all the pieces together :

first 5 pages = portrait
section break
page 6 = landscape, it's the table but there's still some line spacing on
the page
actually page 6 is the last page of the document
but then page 7 = blank page which was created automatically and that I
couldn't remove it

As in your (Suzanne) page, there would be a paragraph after the table,
there's no paragraph on page 6, it's on page 7 (portrait), so I've changed
into 1 point, it's a blank page (pg.7).
I can't see a para. after the table on the same page (pg. 6), I pressed the
"backspace" from page 7, then the cursor went back on the top of the table in
pg.6 and I don't see a section break after the table.

I am completely lost now....
Please help.

thanks
Karen

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off a
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What is the orientation of the unwanted last page?

Also in the Table properties dialog, make sure that the Text wrapping is set
to None.

If you click on the Show/Hide button (ΒΆ), what do you see after the table?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If one point didn't do it, did Hidden not work? Can you reduce the height of
the table slightly?

http://word.mvps.org

news

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

The orientation of the unwanted last page = portrait.

I can find "Text Wrap" in the Table properties dialog ???

I did click on the Show/Hide button (ΒΆ), there is nothing shown after the
table (i.e. page 6).

Yet the unwanted last page, the 1st sign (1st row) is with this ΒΆ

thanks
karen

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What is the orientation of the unwanted last page?

Also in the Table properties dialog, make sure that the Text wrapping is set
to None.

If you click on the Show/Hide button (ΒΆ), what do you see after the table?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

sorry, I have found the Table properties, it was around.
I changed the Text wrapping to none.
After changing, the section break went down underneath the table. Before
changing: The section break was showed on the top of the table (landscape).

The unwanted blank page remains - portrait and the beginning of the 1st row
with a ΒΆ sign.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What is the orientation of the unwanted last page?

Also in the Table properties dialog, make sure that the Text wrapping is set
to None.

If you click on the Show/Hide button (ΒΆ), what do you see after the table?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the orientation of the unwanted last page is portrait, then there *must*
be a section break between it and the landscape page. Switching to
Normal/Draft view should make it possible for you to see and delete this
break, but before you do that, change the orientation of the last section to
landscape; otherwise the table section will become portrait and will have to
be changed.

http://word.mvps.org

news

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What is the orientation of the unwanted last page?

Also in the Table properties dialog, make sure that the Text wrapping is
set
to None.

If you click on the Show/Hide button (ΒΆ), what do you see after the
table?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Do you have a Section Break after the table? What is the
orientation
of
the
unwanted blank page? If it is portrait, then for sure you do have
Section
Break after the table.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump
off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

1 pt. didn't work and I did reduce the table for more than 3 rows.

What "Hidden" mean by you please ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If one point didn't do it, did Hidden not work? Can you reduce the height of
the table slightly?

http://word.mvps.org

news

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Format | Font | Hidden, but it won't work, either, because you clearly have
a section break; see my other post.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If one point didn't do it, did Hidden not work? Can you reduce the height
of
the table slightly?

http://word.mvps.org

news

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump
off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Hidden" is a text attribute available in the Font dialog box.
Alternatively, you can apply it by pressing Ctrl+Shift+H.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If one point didn't do it, did Hidden not work? Can you reduce the height
of
the table slightly?

http://word.mvps.org

news

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump
off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note that you can format the section break as hidden (or 1 pt). Of course,
if it isn't needed (I haven't been reading the whole thread), it would be
easier to just delete it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If one point didn't do it, did Hidden not work? Can you reduce the
height of
the table slightly?

http://word.mvps.org

news There was a section break before the table.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Do you have a Section Break after the table? What is the
orientation
of
the
unwanted blank page? If it is portrait, then for sure you do have
Section
Break after the table.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

msnews.microsoft.com

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump
off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Since the landscape section is the last content page in the document, a
section break following it is NOT required.

http://word.mvps.org

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've
tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to
jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

That's what I would like to delete. It doesn't let me to.

Also if I delete the section break, the landscape format is gone for page,
returns to the same orientation as "portrait" as the other pages. (1st 5
pages = portrait, last page is for the table and landscape).

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've tried
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to jump
off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note that a section break stores the formatting of the previous section.
When you delete it, Word will use the formatting of the following break (or
the section formatting stored in the final paragraph mark if you are
deleting the final section break of a document). After you've deleted the
break, change the orientation back to Landscape using the Page Setup dialog
box.

See also the "If you really want to delete the temporary section break ..."
section of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've
tried
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to
jump
off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

I haven't done the section break after the table (page 6), the section break
is before the table, i.e. prior to the changing from portriat to landscape.
When I turn on the paragraph sign, I don't see a section break after the
table either.

I have tried point 1, hidden, change the margin at the bottom of the table
page, make the table smaller with a couple of rows less, etc. etc.

What did I do wrong ?

OR can you please tell me step by step to create a new document, I can just
copy and paste the text from the existing document to a new document as long
as I have the 1st 5 pages in portrait and the last page to be the table page
in landscape.

appreciate it if you could help me out on this, otherwise, I will type "THIS
IS A BLANK PAGE" in my last page for the solution although I don't really
want to.... looks silly, because this is an instruction document.

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've
tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to
jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Okay, let's make one thing clear: You CANNOT have a portrait page after your
landscape table without having a section break (Next Page) between them.
And, as I said in a previous post, if you want to delete the section break
without changing the landscape orientation of the table page, you have to
change the orientation of that last page/section to landscape BEFORE
deleting the section break.

If you have difficulty seeing the section break even in Normal/Draft view,
then you can search for ^b or use Browse by Section to find it. You *will*
be able to delete it, and that is the only way you can remove the last page.
The link Stefan gave you to
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm should be helpful
as well.

In this case, since your table doesn't fill the page, you could convert the
orientation of that last page first; then, with the insertion point on the
last page, go to the Layout tab of Page Setup and change the section start
type.

http://word.mvps.org

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've
tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to
jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenY KarenY is offline

It works !

I really appreciate all of you having a lot of patience for me !!!!
I am really happy.
Again I am sorry for just a simple thing to cause all the troubles to you all.

Learned a lot again !

thanks again,
karen

"frus" wrote in message
how do you get rid of a blank last page of a doc? I've
tried to
bs
and
delete the reviewing characters but can't. I'm about to
jump off
cliff
for
spending so much time on something that should be simple!

.

.

.

.