Morphaiea Morphaiea is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2010 Table of Contents dialog box missing

I prefer to mark table of contents entries individually, but when I click on

the References tab
Table of contents
and Insert Table of Contents

the Table of Contents dialog box doesn't open. Instead, a table of contents appears. I hate styles and would much rather work from the dialog box. Can anybody please tell me how to get it back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which version of Word are you using now, and which version are you
accustomed to?

--
Morphaiea

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Macros dialog box (Alt+F8), set "Macros in" to "All active templates
and documents." If you find a macro called InsertTableOfContents listed,
delete it (because it is overriding the Insert Table of Contents command at
References | Table of Contents).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP