OliveX

Default DDE field doesn't update when printing after applying word 2000 sp3

Hello,

We have a document which contains a field in which a DDE server is called to
display / print barcode. Before it worked well on office 2000/Word.
However, after applying sp3, it doesn't work. Now each time I open the
document, the field displays the field code only. And when I print, the
field is empty. I need to move into the field, press F9 to update the field
manually, then the barcode can be printed correctly. I have already tick
'update field' in the print option.
Can anyone help me to solve this? I cannot press F9 for each opening of the
document, given that it is a mail merge document.
Thanks!

Peter Jamieson

I can't currently test using this version of Word, but I wonder whether the
following KB article sheds any light on this:

The problem is that if your Word installation has been kept up to date I
think you would have made the changes described in there a long time ago,
but it is the only thought I can offer right now.

Peter Jamieson

"OliveX" wrote in message
Hello,

We have a document which contains a field in which a DDE server is called
to display / print barcode. Before it worked well on office 2000/Word.
However, after applying sp3, it doesn't work. Now each time I open the
document, the field displays the field code only. And when I print, the
field is empty. I need to move into the field, press F9 to update the
field manually, then the barcode can be printed correctly. I have already
tick 'update field' in the print option.
Can anyone help me to solve this? I cannot press F9 for each opening of
the document, given that it is a mail merge document.
Thanks!

How do I force an AutoText field to update on document save? voyageria Microsoft Word Help 1 May 2nd 05 09:32 PM
How to automatically update TC field "marked text" wmcdan9569 Microsoft Word Help 3 April 25th 05 08:22 AM
auto update field Shaolin New Users 1 March 11th 05 12:42 AM
Filename field in header - automatically update? Paul Kraemer Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 05 09:01 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM