Marek

Default REF fields don't update automatically in template

Hi,

Does anyone know why REF fields don't update automatically. I have a
template and when I create a new file based on that template, the REF fields
don't update and hence prompt the user for required info. I have FILLIN
fields elsewhere and they work fine. Thing is, I use the REF fields
elsewhere to reference the bookmarks.
--
Many thanks in advance for any assistance
macropod

Hi Marek,

That's the way Word is designed. To get the fields to update, you need to do
something that will cause this to happen, including any of:
.. using 'calculate on exit' in a protected form field,
.. pressing Ctrl-A then pressing Shift-F9 to update fields in the body of the
document,
.. printing the document, with 'update fields' checked, under
Tools|Options|Print
.. saving, closing & re-opening the document, or
.. using a macro to update the fields.

Cheers