Scott Bass

Default Programatically concatenating Word files

Say I have oh 50-100 Word files in a folder, and I want to concatenate them
all together into one large file, inserting a page break between each file.

How can I accomplish the programatically?

Thanks,
Scott

Graham Mayor

The boiler.zip file downloadable from my web site will do this, but will
require a small modification to insert a page break between each file.
Currently it merely appends each file immediately after the one before.

Scott Bass wrote:
Say I have oh 50-100 Word files in a folder, and I want to
concatenate them all together into one large file, inserting a page
break between each file.
How can I accomplish the programmatically?

Thanks,
Scott

Anne Troy

Try this, Scott:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=214
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Scott Bass" usenet739_yahoo_com_au wrote in message
Say I have oh 50-100 Word files in a folder, and I want to concatenate
them all together into one large file, inserting a page break between each
file.

How can I accomplish the programatically?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Bass

Thanks Anne. Do you or anyone else know how to modify the BrowseFolder
function to display a dialog allowing the selection of specific files in a
folder? I *do* want to insert all files in the folder into my document, but
I want to insert T*.doc before L*.doc, and I want T12.doc to appear after
T8.doc. I was hoping a switch of the function SHBrowseForFolderA would
allow a different selection dialog, allowing one to choose the not only the
folder, but also to specify a wildcard in a text entry box. This dialog box
is common to many Windows applications (for example the Insert File dialog
in Word itself).

Thanks,
Scott