Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paulatzebras paulatzebras is offline

Default How do I access Outlook contacts in Word?

My outlook was somehow corrupted and I "lost" my contacts. We have
subsequently found them and they can be used on a mailmerge document but not
on a normal letter. I get the following error message:

"Unable to display the contents of this address book. The Contacts folder
assoaciated with this address list could not be opened;it may have been moved
or deleted or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove
this folder form the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help.

Microsoft Exchange Client - [80040201]"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From Outlook - tools e-mail accounts view or change address books.
Delete Outlook Address Book - then re-add it. This should reset the
pointers and will not delete your contacts list.

paulatzebras wrote:
My outlook was somehow corrupted and I "lost" my contacts. We have
subsequently found them and they can be used on a mailmerge document
but not on a normal letter. I get the following error message:

"Unable to display the contents of this address book. The Contacts
folder assoaciated with this address list could not be opened;it may
have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions. For
information on how to remove this folder form the Outlook Address
Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help.

Microsoft Exchange Client - [80040201]"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check the contacts list's properties in Outlook to ensure that it is checked
as an e-mail address book.
If this doesn't work you will have to ask in an Outlook group.

paulatzebras wrote:
Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately Word still does not
find the Contacts

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

From Outlook - tools e-mail accounts view or change address
books. Delete Outlook Address Book - then re-add it. This should

paulatzebras wrote:
My outlook was somehow corrupted and I "lost" my contacts. We have
subsequently found them and they can be used on a mailmerge document
but not on a normal letter. I get the following error message:

"Unable to display the contents of this address book. The Contacts
folder assoaciated with this address list could not be opened;it may
have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions. For
information on how to remove this folder form the Outlook Address
Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help.

Microsoft Exchange Client - [80040201]"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EliMar EliMar is offline

Another easy way to access Outlook contacts list:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3OtlGB2kwVQ