Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rodger rodger is offline

Default Mail Merge with Multiple Rows

Hello all,

I have a document that I want to use for one client; however the client
could have multiple rows because they could deal with several different
banks. So all their demographic information stays the same but they might
have many different bank it could be 1 or it could be 10, I have no idea at
the time I run the merge. What I want to know is how to I run the merge
that could have many different banks?

Does this mmake sence?

Borrow Name: Mr Jones
Address: 1223 Any Street
C/S/Z My Town, XX 12345

Bank Info
1st federal my Town1 XX 12345
2nd federal my Town 2 XX 12345
3rd federal my Town 3 XX 12345

"This could go on it stop at the second one."

Credit Memo:
Text from Database

Reason for Loan:
Reason Here

Etc.

So how do I get the bank info to repeat?

I thought about using a uinion query but then I would still need to know how
many loans.

TIA,
Rodger

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You are trying to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)"
mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

and at:

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"rodger" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rodger Rodger is offline

Doug,

Thank you. I tried this option and it became confusing for the end user to
be able to easily edit the document. I found that it was much easier to
create a temporary table and write some code to concatenate the fields I
need in one field.

Thanks again for your suggestion.