Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
S2 S2 is offline

Default Hitting "enter" creates (and increments) ordered list

Greetings all -
Just got a new work computer w/fresh install of MS-Office 2000 (yes, that's
the right version. Yes, I know. Yes, I've tried. No, I can't. Onwards...)

In previous lives, I seem to remember that when I start typing a paragraph
with, let's say a number, as follows:

1) This is a darn interesting paragraph

....and then hit "Enter" at the end of the word "paragraph", MS-Word
recognizes that I want to create a bulleted list, and does so. It indents
the paragraph, increments the number, and I'm off to the races writing more
fascinating content.

Same thing with bulleted lists. If, instead of a numbered list, I were to
write:
- find out if a restraining order can be filed against an animal.
Particularly cats

....and hit "Enter" at the end of the word "cat", MS-Word recognizes that I
want a bulleted list using the "-" character, and busies itself doing so;
indenting the paragraph, starts another sentence with the "-" character, and
waits for the next line in the unending drama that is my struggle with all
things feline.

How do I set that up on this new installation of MS-Word 2000?

Thanks all -
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tools autocorrect options autoformat as you type apply automatic
bulleted and numbered lists.