jes.sandiegoca

Default Removing gray gridlines permanently from a table in Word

I hide them, but when I close and open the file or do a print preview and
come back to the main screen, a few light gray gridlines (stemming from
columns I believe) are present at the top of the page underneath the title
line. When I scroll down to the second page and come back up the gray
gridlines have pretty much gone away (except for a couple of dots where they
used to be)

Can I permanently hide them so that they don't come back when I open a
file. It's really bugging me. Have to turn this table in as a class
assignment.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:14:11 -0700, "jes.sandiegoca"
wrote:

I hide them, but when I close and open the file or do a print preview and
come back to the main screen, a few light gray gridlines (stemming from
columns I believe) are present at the top of the page underneath the title
line. When I scroll down to the second page and come back up the gray
gridlines have pretty much gone away (except for a couple of dots where they
used to be)

Can I permanently hide them so that they don't come back when I open a
file. It's really bugging me. Have to turn this table in as a class
assignment.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Because Show/Hide Gridlines is a per-computer setting and not a
per-document setting, you can't control whether they'll be visible on
someone else's computer -- so don't worry about them.

You can use the Format Borders & Shading dialog to set the
corresponding cell borders (*not* the gridlines) to white, and that
will hide the gridlines even if they're turned on.
--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
jes.sandiegoca

Thanks for the info Jay.

Is there a reason that only gray (from columns?) lines near the top of the
table are the ones that are visible when newly viewed, while the other lines
stay hidden?

Just curious. Trying to understand the whole picture. Is it just how my
laptop handles it?

Thanks,
Chris

wrote:

[...]

Jay Freedman

I'm not sure, since I've never seen Word behave that way. But all the
computers I use have CRT monitors, not LCDs. The behavior may also be
related to the specific video driver you have -- you could see if the
manufacturer has released an updated driver.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman