Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy is offline

Default If I create a Word Macro, why aren't I a 'trusted publisher' ?

If a word user creates a macro, and only runs it on his/her own PC, seems
like Word should be able to 'know' this and allow the macro to run on that PC
without a lot of additional fussing with macro security settings. Seems like
the creator, on his/her own PC, should automatically be a 'trusted publisher'
of his/her own macros.

The "Trusted Publisher" label is mysterious; the average JustSomeGuy doesn't
know what it is, or why he/she can't be 'trusted' automatically.

If you know of a really clear, comprehensive online explanation of the whole
macro security authorization topic (beyond Microsoft's online help, which is
sometimes rather vague) it might be helpful to post it here.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can add the macro to the Normal template or to an add-in; and make
sure that the "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" is checked in
the macro security options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JustSomeGuy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Besides that, here's some further explanation: By default, Word has no
record at all of where a particular macro or template came from,
whether from the some PC or another. The only thing that provides an
indication of origin is a digital signature, using a digital trust
certificate such as those provided by Verisign or Thawte.

When you install a template containing macros that have been digitally
signed, you're given the choice of whether you want to trust that
signature. When you do trust it, the person or company to whom the
certificate was issued becomes a "trusted publisher" and a copy of the
certificate is stored on your machine.

For more on digital signatures, follow some of the links from this
search:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%2...006-47,GGLD:en

--
Regards,