Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deadend

Default Copying and pasting between two documents changes header/footer

All comments and advice are greatly appreciated:

I am working with two documents. One is a standard quote, the header
contains the company logo and address, the footer contains a document number
and page numbering. The second document is information that needs to be cut
and pasted into the first. One section of the Document 2 uses columns. When I
copy and paste the material from Doc 2 to the Quote I run into problems.

From the point that I paste to the end of the doc the header/footer can be
seen and the page numbering begins with 1. From that point to the beginning
of the document there is no header/footer. The section that was in columns is
no longer in columns. I have tried all of the paste special options, all of
the paste options, and using the insert file command.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you copy and paste, be careful not to include any section breaks. This
will prevent header/footer info from the second document from being brought
into the first. After you have pasted the columnar material in, select it
and format it as two columns; Word will take care of inserting the section
breaks. For more information, see these articles:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...ectionInfo.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm

"deadend" wrote in message
All comments and advice are greatly appreciated:

I am working with two documents. One is a standard quote, the header
contains the company logo and address, the footer contains a document

number
and page numbering. The second document is information that needs to be

cut
and pasted into the first. One section of the Document 2 uses columns.

When I
copy and paste the material from Doc 2 to the Quote I run into problems.

From the point that I paste to the end of the doc the header/footer can be