dial911book

Default How to delete a line created by equal signs? It won't delete from

You can create a line by holding down the equal sign or the hyphen for a few
characters, the system automatically creates a horizontal line. That's
great, until you want to delete it. It won't delete easily, and on a label
it won't delete at all. All the words will delete above and below it, but
you can't delete the line itself.

Version: MS Word 2000

This appears to be another example of MS Word assuming you want something
and making it difficult to get what you really want. Dang that is annoying.
Help seems to have no knowledge of that feature either. They should
de-implement that auto line making feature -- people can hold down the equal
sign key pretty easily all by themselves.
dial911book

Well -- after I posted this question -- then the system let me access the
forum -- and there was an answer already posted from last year by Jay
Freedman -- his help was 100% successful. Thank you Jay, and sorry to all
for the bother.

"dial911book" wrote:

You can create a line by holding down the equal sign or the hyphen for a few
characters, the system automatically creates a horizontal line. That's
great, until you want to delete it. It won't delete easily, and on a label
it won't delete at all. All the words will delete above and below it, but
you can't delete the line itself.

Version: MS Word 2000

This appears to be another example of MS Word assuming you want something
and making it difficult to get what you really want. Dang that is annoying.
Help seems to have no knowledge of that feature either. They should
de-implement that auto line making feature -- people can hold down the equal
sign key pretty easily all by themselves.

Charles Kenyon

See That weird line that appears magically... How can I get rid of it?
http://addbalance.com/word/borders.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"dial911book" wrote in message
You can create a line by holding down the equal sign or the hyphen for a
few
characters, the system automatically creates a horizontal line. That's
great, until you want to delete it. It won't delete easily, and on a
label
it won't delete at all. All the words will delete above and below it, but
you can't delete the line itself.

Version: MS Word 2000

This appears to be another example of MS Word assuming you want something
and making it difficult to get what you really want. Dang that is
annoying.
Help seems to have no knowledge of that feature either. They should
de-implement that auto line making feature -- people can hold down the
equal
sign key pretty easily all by themselves.

Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm.

--
Regards,