Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Eliz Eliz is offline

Default opening multiple word documents with open office documents for the start menu

Hello everyone,

I am trying to open multiple documents in word by going to start -
programs - open office documents. When I select more than one document
I get an error that says the following " the program associalted with
the selected template cannot be started, or the program cannot use the
selected template". I am using XP pro, and office 2003 complete
installation.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Eliz,

I am trying to open multiple documents in word by going to start -
programs - open office documents. When I select more than one document
I get an error that says the following " the program associalted with
the selected template cannot be started, or the program cannot use the
selected template". I am using XP pro, and office 2003 complete
installation.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Either use the Windows Explorer: select the documents using Ctrl+Click,
then press Enter

Or use Word's File/Open dialog box.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Eliz Eliz is offline

Cindy M. wrote:
Hi Eliz,

I am trying to open multiple documents in word by going to start -
programs - open office documents. When I select more than one document
I get an error that says the following " the program associalted with
the selected template cannot be started, or the program cannot use the
selected template". I am using XP pro, and office 2003 complete
installation.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Either use the Windows Explorer: select the documents using Ctrl+Click,
then press Enter

Or use Word's File/Open dialog box.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Thanks for the respond, but is there a way to do the same thing with
the open office document shortcut on the start menu?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Eliz,

The dialog for Open Office documents (at least for Office 2003) should work the same way for selecting an opening multiple .doc
files when Word is not open. If you're using the 'preview' view and the document has a saved preview in it then that can sometimes
cause the open to fail with multiple documents.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP