Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Default Word - Spelling

Hello

AOs: Windows XP
App: Office XP

I created a new document with 'English U.K.' as the language. If I enter
'realize' instead of 'realise' it is not flagged as a spelling mistake.

I have added an AutoCorrect entry to correct this. However, this is method
is only good for this PC.

What else can I do to flag U.S. spelt words as a spelling errors.

Regards
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Brian

Usually 'realize' is spelt 'realise' in the UK (see
www.dictionary.cambridge.org).

I am looking for another method besides AutoCorrect to flag 'realize' as an
error.

Reards
Mike

"Mike Faulkner" wrote:

Hello

AOs: Windows XP
App: Office XP

I created a new document with 'English U.K.' as the language. If I enter
'realize' instead of 'realise' it is not flagged as a spelling mistake.

I have added an AutoCorrect entry to correct this. However, this is method
is only good for this PC.

What else can I do to flag U.S. spelt words as a spelling errors.

Regards
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As either is acceptable in UK English, neither is flagged as incorrect, but
if you insist on flagging words with 'ize' as incorrect, then you need to
add an exclusion dictionary containing those words. Exclusion dioctionary is
listed in Word 2007 help and under 'specify a preferred spelling for a word'
(exclude dictionary) in Word 2003 help.

"Mike Faulkner" wrote:

Hello

AOs: Windows XP
App: Office XP

I created a new document with 'English U.K.' as the language. If I
enter 'realize' instead of 'realise' it is not flagged as a
spelling mistake.

I have added an AutoCorrect entry to correct this. However, this is
method is only good for this PC.

What else can I do to flag U.S. spelt words as a spelling errors.

Regards
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Graham

Many thanks, exactly what I was hoping discover. I think it's entirely
possible we can have this exclsuion file 'Roam' with the user(s).

Regards
Mike