Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
srcpod srcpod is offline

Default How do I create a custom toolbar in Word 2007?

In Word '03 you can create custom pull down menus, and custome toolbars.
Word '07 seems to limit the user to only adding commands to the quick access
toolbar only.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

If you want to do it manually, you'll need to learn RibbonX. See
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbonx.
If you want to see if an add-in couldn't do it for you, check out my
RibbonCustomizer add-in. There is a beta version in
http://pschmid.net/office2007/forums...opic.php?t=107 that gives you
more features than the currently released one.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"srcpod" wrote in message
:

In Word '03 you can create custom pull down menus, and custome toolbars.
Word '07 seems to limit the user to only adding commands to the quick access
toolbar only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Srcpod,

In addition to Patrick's information on customizing the Ribbon, or on adding commands to the Quick Access toolbar [intended, in
part, to make it easier for folks to help other folks find commands in consistent locations], if you have a custom toolbar/menu (not
commands/icons added to a Word builtin toolbar) saved in a document or template then when you open that document/template in Word
2007 the menus/toolbars should appear in the 'Add-ins' tab in Word 2007, although some commands (if no longer available in Word
2007) will tend to 'vanish).

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP