bronxxbabe

Default Formatting Paragraphs

I'm using Word2002. I would like to format a paragraph so that it cascades
downward into v shape (e.g., each line's l/r margin increases). Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Cynthia

Interesting concept. The only thing that comes into my head would be either write a macro or....
for each line set your left right margins to put each line of your paragraph at a specific point (could even do that with a left and right tab). If there's another way that a more advanced user would have, I'd like to see it! G

I'm using Word2002. I would like to format a paragraph so that it cascades
downward into v shape (e.g., each line's l/r margin increases). Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
bronxbabe

I witnessed it in a document yesterday but there was no one to ask
instructions from. It was one entire paragraph, no hard or soft returns
after each line and, looking at styles and formatting, there was no special
margins, etc. Hopefully someone else can shed light on it. Thanks,

"Cynthia" wrote:

Interesting concept. The only thing that comes into my head would be either write a macro or....
for each line set your left right margins to put each line of your paragraph at a specific point (could even do that with a left and right tab). If there's another way that a more advanced user would have, I'd like to see it! G

I'm using Word2002. I would like to format a paragraph so that it cascades
downward into v shape (e.g., each line's l/r margin increases). Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Greg Maxey

You can create this effect with drawing objects.

Use ViewToolbarsDrawing to display the drawing toolbar.

Use the AutoShapesBasic Shapes menu and draw a pair of triangles touching
at one angle so that the blank space on the page forms an expanding inverted
"V"

Now rigth click and format each autoshape triangle for layout "Tight"

These triangles will act as margins and create the effect of the text
expanding in length with each new line.

Once you have it looking the way you want it, the format the tow triangles
with no border and no fill.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Cynthia" wrote:

Interesting concept. The only thing that comes into my head would
be either write a macro or....
for each line set your left right margins to put each line of your
paragraph at a specific point (could even do that with a left and
right tab). If there's another way that a more advanced user would
have, I'd like to see it! G

I'm using Word2002. I would like to format a paragraph so that it
cascades
downward into v shape (e.g., each line's l/r margin increases). Any
ideas?
Thanks in advance

Greg Maxey

Glad to help. I see now that you wanted your line length decreasing instead
of increasing so the steps I provided will need altering. I think you have
the concept and shouldn't have any problems.