JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

Default Print paragraph first line only

MS Word (2003) Outline view has an option to show only the first line of every paragraph. But it doesn't allow to print it.
Is there a way (macro?) to print such a condensed view of the document?

PS: I tried the HideRestOfParagraph() macro posted by M. Blom in response to the recent "Outline with just 1st line of paragraphs" thread (July 10th 2012) but I get a compile error at run time. Perhaps because the macro is not compatible with W2003?

Last edited by JPh12 : July 13th 12 at 04:51 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My macro should work just fine in Word 2003 as well; it doesn't contain
any objects or object members that didn't exist in Word 2003. Did you
make sure to paste the code with the line breaks intact?

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for getting back to me.
Yes, I maintained the macro as is when I copied it into the Microsoft Visual Basic editor.
When I run it I get a "Compile error: Syntax error" message and the line that's highlighted in the editor is: "If p.Range.Characters.Count 60 Then"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That line should read

If p.Range.Characters.Count 60 Then

It seems as if you had left out the ""?

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

There's something strange going on. In my browser (Opera, XP) I don't see the "" in your macro. I don't see it here in your reply either (but I saw it in my email alert). I've had problems with my US International keyboard not working properly any longer in Word and other programs; I wondered if it's related.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried changing the encoding in your browser?

For what it's worth, I don't use the browser for newsgroups posts much.
I sometimes search the newsgroup archives at
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!overview but when I post I
make use of NNTP access via a newsreader (Thunderbird or Windows Live
Mail). (I set up an account via eternal-september.org.)

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP