Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ItchyPajamas ItchyPajamas is offline

Default Cutting and Pasting rows splits the table

I am trying to rearrange rows in a table. I highlight the rows I want to move
by putting the cursor along the left edge of the table (so I select the
entire rows), and then I right-click and "Cut". Then I highlight the above
which I want to paste the rows, right-click, and "Paste Rows".

Problem: It doesn't just insert the rows into the table. It splits the
existing table so everything above my pasted row(s) is one table, my pasted
rows are another table, and everything below my pasted rows is a 3rd table.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Peter