Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Brandon Brandon is offline

Default IF statement macro

I have a table within a Word doc that has 2 columns and 4 rows. The document
is a template that contains field names for a Oracle based software. Once the
user executes the template the data will be inserted into the specific points
on the doc based on the field names. What I'm trying to do is upon exectution
of the document have a macro that will put certain text into a cell "IF
A1=A2, A3, OR A4" The corresponding descriptions will go into B1.

TABLE:
Column 1 Column 2
A1:FIELD NAME B1:results from formula to be inserted here
A2:homeoffi B2:description of homeoffi
A3:jobsite B3:description of jobsite
A4ther B4:description of other

I'm in no way an expert on VBA and in fact I've never worked with it. I'm
trying to teach myself how to use it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Brandon,

How are the data being input into A2:A4? If you're using formfields in a document protected for forms, you can do what you're after
without a macro. If you're not using either a userform or formfields, even a macro might not be much use, since there are not
table-related events in Word to trigger one.

--
Cheers
macropod

IF Statement John B Mailmerge 3 April 22nd 08 10:47 PM
which statement right , question is Choose the correct statement? how many template?when we click new doc Microsoft Word Help 1 October 16th 06 11:15 AM
which statement right , question isChoose the correct statement? how many template?when we click new doc Microsoft Word Help 1 October 15th 06 11:20 PM
using iif statement Boots Mailmerge 3 June 19th 06 03:23 PM
IF Statement Shoelaces Mailmerge 5 November 23rd 05 07:54 AM