Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SJ

Default how do i lock rows in a table?

Is it possible to group or lock rows in a table together? For example, I
split a cell of a single row so that the cell has 8 rows within the
formatting of a larger single row. It looks exactly as I'd like, but when
users copy and paste, there's no controlling how much of that cell is copied.
I need to make sure all of it gets copied and locking or grouping is the
only way I can imagine to do that. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Is this some sort of form, for users to fill out? Do users copy and
paste simply in order to duplicate the information in a different
location in the document? If so, this could be duplicated in a
protected document with text form fields and REF fields. For an
example, see the "Online Form" example (item 2) in the article at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

For detailed information, see the following article:

I'm designing a form that needs to have “fill-in-the-blanks” lines.
What is the best way to create them?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm

In particular, you would want to look at the linked articles by Dian
Chapman about protected forms.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP