Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ASPEN39 ASPEN39 is offline

Default Changing margin settings

I have a very long document in Word 2007 with margins set to one-half inch
right and left. I have decided to print this document into a bound form so I
need to use the mirrored margin settings set to 1 inch left and one-half inch
right. Word will not let met change the margins. The error window comes up.
In the past it would go ahead and change the margins then I could adjust as
needed. Can anyone help?
--
aspen39

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ASPEN39 ASPEN39 is offline

"Settings you chose for the left and right margins, column spacing, or
paragraph indents are too large for the page width in some sections." and a
button OK. When I click OK the message goes away and no changes are made.
--
aspen39

"ASPEN39" wrote in message
I have a very long document in Word 2007 with margins set to one-half inch
right and left. I have decided to print this document into a bound form so
need to use the mirrored margin settings set to 1 inch left and one-half
inch
right. Word will not let met change the margins. The error window comes
up.
In the past it would go ahead and change the margins then I could adjust
as
needed. Can anyone help?
--
aspen39

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I had really hoped that this silly bug hadn't survived into Word 2007. Go to
Page Layout | Page Setup | Columns | More Columns and click on the preset
picture for One (even if 1 column is already selected), then click OK.

http://word.mvps.org

"ASPEN39" wrote in message
I have a very long document in Word 2007 with margins set to one-half
inch
right and left. I have decided to print this document into a bound form
so
need to use the mirrored margin settings set to 1 inch left and
one-half
inch
right. Word will not let met change the margins. The error window comes
up.
In the past it would go ahead and change the margins then I could
adjust
as
needed. Can anyone help?
--
aspen39

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Barbara A[_2_] Barbara A[_2_] is offline

I have MS Word 2003. With your instructions and I was able to find what was
needed to correct the problem. Thanks for your help

"ASPEN39" wrote in message
I have a very long document in Word 2007 with margins set to one-half
inch
right and left. I have decided to print this document into a bound form
so
need to use the mirrored margin settings set to 1 inch left and
one-half
inch
right. Word will not let met change the margins. The error window comes
up.
In the past it would go ahead and change the margins then I could
adjust
as
needed. Can anyone help?
--
aspen39

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, it seems to work in all versions, though you'd still think they could
just solve the problem!

http://word.mvps.org