Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
G Henkel G Henkel is offline

Default Blocking a column from text flow

I'm working on a document that has two columns. On one of the pages in the
document I want to insert a masthead that is unrelated to the text that is
being flown, so I want my text flow to skip this column.

I tried simply covering the entire column with a text box but for some
reason there is always a single line from my text flow at the bottom of that
box. No resizing, no moving, or anything helped to get rid of this line. It
will NEVER flow into the next column.

Is there a way for me to cleanly exclude one column on a page from the text
flow?

Thank you,
Guido

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For this task, you'd better use Publisher (or some other page layout
software).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"G Henkel" wrote in message ...
I'm working on a document that has two columns. On one of the pages in the
document I want to insert a masthead that is unrelated to the text that is
being flown, so I want my text flow to skip this column.

I tried simply covering the entire column with a text box but for some
reason there is always a single line from my text flow at the bottom of
that box. No resizing, no moving, or anything helped to get rid of this
line. It will NEVER flow into the next column.

Is there a way for me to cleanly exclude one column on a page from the
text flow?

Thank you,
Guido

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
G Henkel G Henkel is offline

So Word can't even handle something so primitive? After countless iterations
of the software and 20 years of development it still can't even properly
flow text? Wow!

Guido

"G Henkel" wrote in message
I'm working on a document that has two columns. On one of the pages in
the
document I want to insert a masthead that is unrelated to the text that
is
being flown, so I want my text flow to skip this column.

I tried simply covering the entire column with a text box but for some
reason there is always a single line from my text flow at the bottom of
that box. No resizing, no moving, or anything helped to get rid of this
line. It will NEVER flow into the next column.

Is there a way for me to cleanly exclude one column on a page from the
text flow?

Thank you,
Guido

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, besides what you've already tried (covering the column with a text
box), you can use linked text boxes; that is supported. But, unlike
Publisher, the number of linked text boxes in Word documents is limited.
Note that Word was never intended as a page layout application.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP